Portraiture Nominations Committee
The Portraiture Nominations Committee (PNC) was formed in September 2017 to oversee the expansion of the University's portrait collection. The PNC is charged with making recommendations of portrait subjects to be added to the University's collection with the following criteria in mind:
- Association with Princeton, with priority given to Princeton alumni, faculty, and administrators
- Demonstration of excellence and achievement during the past 75 years in one of three ways:
- Excellence and achievement in a particular field,
- Excellence “in the nation’s service and the service of humanity,” or
- A significant contribution to the culture of Princeton University
- Representation of diversity, broadly defined
The committee will begin reviewing submissions in early December, so we encourage sharing suggestions by November 30, 2017. That said, the committee will continue to review new suggestions as it conducts research and identifies potential portrait subjects through the first quarter of 2018.
The PNC will collect ideas, perform research, and make recommendations to the EVP and Provost, who will in turn make the final selection and take each name to the President for his approval. Please use the Portraiture Suggestion Form to share your advice and ideas with the PNC.
Hughes-Rogers Professor of English and American Studies; Chair, Department of English
Edwards S. Sanford Professor of Politics; Director, Mamdouha S. Bobst Center for Peace and Justice
|Hyejin Jang ’19|
|Nadirah Mansour ’14 gs (NES)|
|Laurence Morse *80
Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Fairview Capital Partners, Inc.
|Jennifer Rexford ’91
Gordon Y.S. Wu Professor in Engineering; Professor of Computer Science; Chair, Department of Computer Science
|Adalberto Rosado ’19|
|Ryan Ruskin ’90
President and COO, The Ruskin Group; Chairman, MyEco, LLC.
Stuart Professor of Psychology
|Amina Simon ’18|
Catherine Toppin ’02
Sits with Committee
|Debby Foster ’92, Secretary
Senior Associate Director for Administrative Planning, Office of the EVP
Tawana Lewis-Harrison, Coordinator