Portraiture Nominations Committee
The Portraiture Nominations Committee (PNC) was formed in September 2017 to oversee the expansion of the University's portrait collection. The PNC was charged with making recommendations of portrait subjects to be added to the University's collection with the following criteria in mind:
- Association with Princeton, with priority given to Princeton alumni, faculty, and administrators
- Demonstration of excellence and achievement during the past 75 years in one of three ways:
- Excellence and achievement in a particular field,
- Excellence “in the nation’s service and the service of humanity,” or
- A significant contribution to the culture of Princeton University
- Representation of diversity, broadly defined
The committee solicited recommendations from the University community, began reviewing submissions in December 2017, performed research on a subset of the individuals suggested, and made recommendations to the EVP and Provost in spring 2018. The EVP and Provost in turn made the final selections and took each name to the President for his approval.
The PNC appreciates the time and effort that the community has dedicated to this important initiative.
Hughes-Rogers Professor of English and American Studies; Chair, Department of English
Edwards S. Sanford Professor of Politics; Director, Mamdouha S. Bobst Center for Peace and Justice
|Hyejin Jang ’19|
|Nadirah Mansour ’14 gs (NES)|
|Laurence Morse *80
Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Fairview Capital Partners, Inc.
|Jennifer Rexford ’91
Gordon Y.S. Wu Professor in Engineering; Professor of Computer Science; Chair, Department of Computer Science
|Adalberto Rosado ’19|
|Ryan Ruskin ’90
President and COO, The Ruskin Group; Chairman, MyEco, LLC.
Stuart Professor of Psychology
|Amina Simon ’18|
Catherine Toppin ’02
Sits with Committee
|Debby Foster ’92, Secretary
Senior Associate Director for Administrative Planning, Office of the EVP
Tawana Lewis-Harrison, Coordinator